OK, today I'm going to be writing about my frustrations on, being a teenager, and growing up.
I know that to some, it's no big deal, but for some of us, it's a HUGE deal! Deep down I know that everyone teenager feels the same way I do. It's just that some of them, hide it better than others. It's hard to always remember and believe I'm not the only one feeling this way!
So.....my frustrations...where to start?
First of all, I don't like being a teenager at all. Being a teenager is all about the in between stage, and quite frankly, I've never have liked the in betweens of life. Being a teenager means change. Hey, I can deal with change, that's not my problem. It's just that some of the change I could do well, without.
I have this constant battle with my acne. I realize this is a bit petty and ridiculous, but when your at the stage of life, when looks are pretty much everything, well it matters greatly. Not to mention the fact that, acne just makes you look and feel terrible, inside and out! I have done everything I can think of to get rid of it! I have tried every face wash, kits, everything and nothing ever seems to work. My last resort is to get a new face..lol.
Now, onto my next frustration. MOODS! I believe that moods are probably the worst part about being a teenager. You constantly go from one extreme to the next. I am not exaggerating! One hour you can feel great, on top of the world. You can feel skinny, pretty,and everything else in between. (there we go with the in betweens again.) The next minute, you feel like total, (excuse the language) crap. Ugly, fat, and every other thing. For girls, I know that it's like this, but for guys, I don't know. I can only speak for girls. It's constantly like this. I don't care if your the smartest, most confident, gorgeous girl, you'll still feel insecure. I guess that's where the bulk of all our moods come from, insecurity. We all are constantly, comparing ourselves to one another. Wondering if we're just as pretty as they are or as smart. I believe that for the most part, I'm comfortable in my own skin. I'm pretty confident in myself...in some areas, and I'm pretty happy being me. Then the moods kick in, and all of that flies out of the window, faster than you can say, "aw, shucks." I start to feel insecure, and ugly, and fat, and every other thing you can think of. I absolutely begrudge it all with a passion!!!
You know, some people say, we're not really people unless we have passion. Well, my passion is....begrudging moods! By the way, I would say 'hate." But my mom says, "Don't say hate, I don't want to hear you saying that." So, I'm obeying her. LoL. If my cousins were reading this right now, they would say that I am being such a goody tooshie! But I can't help it. I want to put 'hate' but I can't, it would bother me too much if I did.
Alrighty, moving on. The last frustration about being a teenager, is being a teenager. I'm at this stage in life, where I'm not an adult, nor am I a kid. I'm a teenager. I don't wanted to be treated like a kid, I want to be treated like an adult. Yet, at the same time, I don't want all the responsibility that comes with being an adult. You see what I mean? Being a teenager, is not easy. I am still searching for my identity! Gosh, I think I might be losing it..lol.
I'll look back on this in a few years and I'll probably say to myself, "What was I thinking." LoL.
Teenager=confusion.
Update later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i think you just need to find what you're most passionate about, and go after... pick one thing... and be great at it... then all the focus, confidence, security, and stamina will come to you all at once...
i think you have a lot of talents.. focus on those, and you'll be fine.
I understand your frustrations. We all went through that. I don't know if that would make you feel better but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. And honestly even at our age there are still frustrations and insecurities.
But one thing I know and learned through the years of struggling to fit in--- things will get better. and eventually you will find your bliss.
keep the faith!
thanks for visiting my blog
Post a Comment